What is export ready?
September 18th, 2018 | Export
There are a number of criteria that artists and musicians must satisfy in order to be considered export ready. These include, but are not limited to:
- Having released music which is available on all major streaming services, such as Spotify or iTunes.
- New work must have been released by the artist in the last five years.
- The artist must have had experience playing music to a live audience.
- There must be a defined structure around the music project. Artists may be asked to demonstrate that they have given thought to marketing efforts around their music, or that they have worked with an entourage: managers, record labels, promoters or other music industry outside of Iceland.
- Artists must have promotional material available on the internet, such as in the form of pictures, music, a homepage or social media presence.
Additionally, to be considered an Icelandic artist, artists must:
- Have lived continuously in Iceland for a minimum of one year, AND
- Be billed as Icelandic (IS) or part-Icelandic, AND
- Have Icelandic citizenship OR be a current resident of Iceland.
Non-Icelandic citizens who have moved away from the country must be able to show sustained strong ties to Iceland and/or its music community.